Major printer with many decentralized autonomous operations:
Defined and implemented a transportation council with representatives from each unit, which negotiated rates and evaluated freight systems.
- Cut transportation costs by more than 20%
- Maintained independence of each unit
Major international oil company:
Defined the optimal US distribution network and prepared a definitive implementation plan.
- Significantly reduced inventory and overhead
- Improved customer service
Large manufacturer of wall coverings:
Implemented an employee involvement program to reduce set-up time on the printing presses.
- Cut make-ready times on gravure presses by more than 50%
Small wholesale distributor constrained by lack of space and warehouse productivity:
Defined an improved layout and computerized receiving methodology.
- Doubled size of operation
- Remained in current facility
Electronic components manufacturer facing a labor shortage:
Developed a strategy to move some operations to a low-cost Mexican manufacturing facility.
- Reduced labor costs from $12+/hour to less than $2/hour
- Improved productivity